- A membership with SMACNA National (a $200 value, available only to members of local chapters).
- Representation with state and federal legislators.
- Representation with ASHRAE, AIA, Kansas City Area Development Council (KCADC), and the Labor-Management Council (LMC).
- Representation with our local and national labor side, and the opportunity to be involved in a task force of committees during our collective bargaining with Local No.2.
- Technical, legislative, and labor assistance through SMACNA National staff.
- A vote on the ongoing direction of the sheet metal industry.
- An opportunity to influence policy through serving on SMACNA-KC board and committees.
- A free set of SMACNA technical manuals in the first year of your membership (over $1,000 value), and a membership price discount for all of your company’s ongoing needs regarding these manuals.
- The opportunity to attend SMACNA-KC events and National annual conventions.
Benefits that are unique to SMACNA-KC:
SMACNA Certified Education Programs:
- Drug Testing Reimbursement Program.
- Full membership to the 3E Program, and MSDS Chemical Inventory Program (a $2,000 value).
Advertising and marketing:
- Branding. You would refer to your company’s building standards as the SMACNA Standards.
- SMACNA-KC annually decides on advertising in the local newspaper.
- You will have a full listing of your company name on smacnakc.com website, which is regularly accessed by architects, engineers, and developers.
- You will have the opportunity to advertise your company projects on smacnakc.com website.
- You will have the opportunity to network at many industry entities’ meetings and events including the KCADC’s Annual Reception, Annual Luncheon, and Quarterly Council Meetings; the Builders’ Association Annual Banquet; the LMC’s Annual Reception, Annual Public Officials Reception, and Annual Dinner; the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce meetings; AIA’s Annual events; and ASHRAE’s events.
- Supervisory Training.
- Annually requested management training for specific programs.
- Minority Leadership and Business Development program.
- Safety audits of job sites and sheet metal shops.
- OSHA training to include OSHA 10-hour Construction and General Industry, OSHA 30-hour Construction and General Industry, OSHA Refresher, Hazardous Communications, Fall Protection, Confined Space, Powered Industrial Trucks, Aerial Lift Survey, Electrical Safety, Machine Guarding, Record Keeping and Scaffolds.
- Red Cross, First Aid, and CPR.
- Assistance with OSHA compliance and inspections.
- Comprehensive risk assessments.
- Comprehensive EAP Program.
- OSHA Work-Safe Partnership.