Chapter Executive Institute - January 28-30, 2018 (San Diego, CA)
- This annual program is held during first quarter in the convention city. It provides education and is designed to improve the professionalism of chapter executives. Educational seminars cover chapter management, personnel motivation, meeting management, marketing, parliamentary law and labor relations. The meeting also serves as an information exchange among chapter executives and the national staff.
Business Management University - February 25 - March 1, 2018 (Tempe, AZ)
- BMU provides an in-depth study of the practical business practices in running a successful sheet metal company. Program sessions include financial management, strategic planning, contractor survival skills, negotiation, surety and bonding, leadership and productivity. The program features engaging workshops, hands-on participatory sessions, and case studies along with idea sharing and networking opportunities.
Supervisor Training Academy - March 19-21, 2018 (St. Louis, MO)
- The multi-day program will cover topics relevant to supervisors, foremen and superintendents and other critical managers. The program will cover leadership, communication, productivity, profitability, measurement and industry trends.
Project Managers Institute - April 22-25, 2018 (Raleigh, NC)
- The Project Managers Institute covers the essential skills of effective project management for project managers. Sessions include management/leadership, project planning, ethics and integrity in project management financials, time management, change order management, and standards and best practices. Program objectives include building and leading powerful, integrated project teams; understanding and mastering financial control of projects; planning projects to maximize profits and customer satisfaction; and developing and maintaining profitable customer relationships.
Financial Boot Camp - May 6-9, 2018 (Tempe, AZ)
- This program covers in-depth financial management issues, how to interpret financial statements, how to calculate financial ratios, working with credit, developing cash flow projections, understanding equipment acquisition and leasing and using financial information for strategic and business planning.